View Single Post

Old 03-30-2014, 04:42 AM

Liked 2,608 Times in 1,104 Posts

HUMMMMM, now sit and think about it.
Don't ever buy a car you don't want---and buy a car that you want (has everything you NEED).
I gave up trying to get the best deal I could a long time ago---it added stress to an otherwise enjoyable purchase.
Searching for the best deal yo get it $500 cheaper will cost you the savings---in peptobismol, if nothing else.
I go the route most folks usually used. They found a dealership or salesman that they at least they thought they could trust. It helps if it is a family dealership.
Have a reasonable idea of the cost involved.
Tell the guy what you want---everthing you want and things you don't need.
They can find one at a dealership that will fill the needs.
Don't buy it and then continue to shop---that will always add to the pepto bill and there is always a better deal after you buy.

I went to Fords build your car web---built into it all my desires and went to my local dealership that I choose to do business with.
I think if you don't play games with them they will not play with you.
The salesman looked at the printout of my desires and got on his computer. We discussed several that were approximately what I wanted and one that was about as close as if I were to order it. He had it that afternoon---now, Houston is a big town and these folks trade cars around all the time, so that was no big deal.
Best price----who knows ! I got what I wanted and at a price I thought was reasonable.
Blessings