View Single Post

Old 04-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Liked 476 Times in 279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilibreaux View Post
Exposed hammers are nice for range toys but not to be allowed on something you may be carrying under layers of clothing.

Wonder what those that carry 1911s think of that? I also wonder how many folks have actually tried to draw their CC weapon from a pocket or clothing? When I draw my 637, the web of my hand pretty well shields the hammer from snagging. I have practiced drawing my weapon from many different pockets and holsters....the hammer has never been a problem. The clothing worn over the handgun and the position when drawing is the biggest impedance. I often wonder how many folks with a spare tire around their waist have practiced drawing the weapon held @ 4-5 o' clock from under a coat....from a tucked holster? Most folks will find trying to draw a handgun from their pocket ends up with the "mason jar" syndrome. Your hand goes in and out easily until you wrap your hands around something and try to pull it out in a hurry. If the Hammer is gonna catch, what about the bump from the laser sight on the grip?

Carry what you're comfortable with and practice with it often. This means not just shooting, but drawing the weapon from any attire and retention you are going to use.
The Following User Likes This Post: