View Single Post

Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 PM

Liked 2,433 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
For the record, just looking for an average baseline. From what I have seen.

K22 is 99.999% not a mark or wear on it.
m28 no dash only has a cylinder ring. It's 99%
m28 no dash is 99.9%
m28-2 is 99.9%
m27-2 blued is 99.99%
mM7-2 Nickel is 99.999% no wear at all it looks new but being owned I rate it at that.

My problem is why do they all look like they weren't fired or not fired at all?
Since the m27' s are dated in the dirty Harry era I can understand they purchased it on a whim. And never shot it.

Now I think if some were shot they were handled very carefully.

Now my,

Combat masterpiece k38 has 99.999% bluing.
Target Masterpiece k38 has 99.999% bluing.
Both revolvers had very slight freckling which removed very carefully to reveil an excellent rating.
All of the above were under rated by the seller I purchased them all from. My online dealer has been the best so far.

I have some other guns as well as these have never been to the range yet but will be soon.

The bottom line is or the question is how many purchase these fine quality s&w revolvers and don't shoot them?
Locally here I find about 75% of the used guns still unshot in the LGS used cases. The percentage could be even higher.

Do a survey when your browsing your local gun shops and give us some feed back on the used still unfired revolvers vs the fired one's. Let's put some real average numbers together. Look at just ten revolvers and rate them between 1 being the worst used condition to the number 10 being the unshot nib condition. Here it has to be 7 nib or 99% to 3 used.
I'd like to know where in North America you are so I can check out some of your LGS's. :-)

How did you remove the freckling? Gun Oil and Brass Wool? I have some light Freckling on my 28-2 that I'd like to take a shot at.