View Single Post

Old 04-24-2014, 03:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink I had myself a dream.

I dreamt of a Model 29 with a much higher capacity then usual

Had been doing research on BC (ballistic coefficents) prior to taking a nap.

I have Always found the standard pistol/revolver bullets to be instinctivley just wrong. Now the 5.7x28 looks more like it to me. Much sleeker shape aerodynamic..

Now revolver case's are usually longer then that of their semi-auto version no?

So what I was thinking was a revolver shooting a 5.7 by say 5.7x32-35. Thru a 6+ inch barrel with the applicable rifling etc etc..
I do not know much of anything about such being only a dreamer due to being stuck in a more weapon restricted place then most anyone

Well anyway my thaught was that such a revolver with ammunition of this sort aught be able to send possibly as many as 9-10 projectiles downrange at a rather high velocity with high precision resulting in nice penetration and other good stuff depending on the bullet makeup/Construction (what the thing was made of).

ed
It is my opinion with my miniscule understandiung of physics.
That:
1. With a 6-7 inch barrel.
2. Aprox a 33% increase in bullet weight. (28,31 and 40 grain) add 33% or even 50% to that
3. An increase in powder of above mentioned cartridge.
4. Equivolent bullet characteristics

said hypothesized system one would produce some nice Hydrostatic shock goodness.
Due to high muzzel velocitys. Of atleast 2000 ft.s. Sadly it is my guess that "hotter" rounds would not be available to the public, just like the 5.7x28 rounds which are limited to 17XX ft.s can not come up with a sensible reason for why that is so but most nothing makes sense so guess we will have to live with it.
ed

Well that was more or less what i was dreaming about before the Dream chased me online to see if such a revolver existed..

Yt. 327Munte

Last edited by 327Munte; 04-25-2014 at 01:38 PM.