View Single Post

Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 PM

Liked 10,569 Times in 3,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshwheeling View Post
My last 4 guns takes me back about 5 years. At Christmastime I bought a Single Six convertible. It was the other gun I wanted a year or so ago when I bought a basic Ruger Mark III. Before that, it was a P38 that was calling my name from the case, and before that, a Model 60 with a 5" barrel.

Now I'm on the fence between a 4" 586, a 6" Model 29,and a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .357 Magnum. My friend hasn't really quoted me a price yet on the 586. He'd rather sell me the 29, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it besides make big noises at the range.

In the meantime, I would really like to find a nicely-priced CZ75. Unfortunately, however, in the last five weeks, I have had to spring for a new refrigerator ($900), $2500 for the vet after Gracie, my wife's toy Aussie, jumped, fell or was pushed out of a moving car and broke her pelvis, and an emergency room bill in an amount as yet undetermined for the shoulder I dislocated last Saturday night. Now there's an unpleasant experience, all the worse because there was no alcohol involved. In any event, it probably adds up to no new gun in the near future.
Since posting, I have bought just two guns, an FEG P9, because it was there, looked good, and didn't cost too much, and the CZ75 I have been looking for, no good deal on a used one, and the new one was no steal, but it wasn't too bad, and it was right there calling to me from under the glass.