View Single Post

Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,225 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingboing View Post
Sorry 18DAI, the rail will go back on since I prefer to have a light on the gun. So we shall see.......
Well if you're dead set on having a rail on there, here's the one I'd use:

True picatinny interface so you wouldn't be stuck with only the one Streamlight model that has an adapter to fit the S&W rail. The whole of gadgetry that can go on a p-rail is now your's for the messin' with

would only need a bit of hand fitting where it meets the trigger guard.

Contour fits the S&W dust cover perfectly.

I was toying with this idea a couple years ago for the frame that eventually became my SSV when I was exploring options on what to do with the holes in the dust cover. I decided I like the holes best erased rather than covered with a rail.

As I recall, two of the bolt holes will line up with the Smith. A little fitting and either you or have a pro bolt & weld it in place then the whole works can go in the salt bath.

I think what I'd do is set the bolt's in place ( have to drill the middle hole) tack weld the bolts on the inside of the dust cover. Then weld a very fine bead around the outside perimeter of the rail just to seal it up and keep moisture/junk from creeping under there and causing a weeping rust stain issue.

Cheers
Bill