View Single Post

Old 04-30-2014, 09:29 PM

Liked 124 Times in 49 Posts

I too carried a S&W 686 for the first about 9 or 10 years, then the department went to the Glock 20 (10MM), and later to the Glock 22 (40 cal.). I retired after 22 years and I will say I still enjoy shooting a revolver, but it sure is nice to have the extra capacity of a semi-auto. I just like to shoot handguns and during the winter with the snow I tend to shoot a revolver, looking for brass in the snow just isn't fun anymore, and in the summer I shoot both so I don't really have a sure fire preference. Now that I am retired, I carry what ever will best suit the enviroment I am in on any given day. I know this isn't the solid answer you were looking for, but when we went to the semi-autos I did feel, I was on a more level footing with the weapons we were seeing on the streets. I believe the semi-auto pistols did increase my on the job safety. The Glock is one ugly gun but the dam thing is 100% reliable. Just my thoughts and worth exactly what you paid for them. I will add being a Police Officer has to be one of the best careers a man or woman can ever have if not THE best. I have no regrets as I retired while I still enjoyed the work.
The Following User Likes This Post: