View Single Post

Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM

Liked 28,618 Times in 5,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Dave View Post
IF legal open carry were tied to having a CCW permit, I still don't see how you'd know someone carrying openly was not a criminal any more than if you saw the flash of a "concealed" weapon under the hoodie of a thug who, presumably isn't carrying concealed legally.

I can see how that would apply if open carry were allowed without a permit. But I'm not sure that I'd want to be driving through an iffy area seeing thugs legally carrying openly. Of course they'd likely be criminals who shouldn't own a gun anyway, but how would you (or an LEO) know?

In states with open carry not requiring a permit, how do police deal with that?

It's been my long time observation that the criminal element among us does not use holsters on a regular basis.

No self respecting criminal wants to be caught with an empty holster right after ditchin his gat...
Whilest fleeing their most resent criminal activity......

As a matter of fact, just yesterday, I personally observed a young man come into a kinda fast-food joint with his young bride in tow....
I made it a point to complement him on his choice of sidearm (1911) and holster. By the way, either it was not even noticed or no one cared....

Kentucky has always had open carry, and I see lots of folks carrying a sidearm with no disturbance to the public at large.

If and when Texas revises it's firearm laws to reflect her citizens life and times,
I believe we'll see more law biding - honest folks carrying their sidearm out side their pants.

JMHO,

Last edited by keith44spl; 05-11-2014 at 05:16 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: