View Single Post

Old 05-10-2014, 09:39 AM

Liked 1,408 Times in 775 Posts
Default BAD SOUND

In cases where having lines in English would be totally out of place, I don't mind them, IF they keep them fairly short, are in large enough print to see well & shown long enough to read. My wife hates them. The series Lillyhamer does a pretty good job. Actors doing a bad job of accents can be worse. otherwise good films can be pretty much ruined by a bad sound crew/tract that you just can't understand & is annoying, combine that with the popular trend of the gravel throated voice can be a real stinker, think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak ridge. It's funny how many actors playing a variety of nationalities have Brittish accents. My best man who is soon to be in his 40th year in movies/tv from grip to director, says the entire cast/crew often work entire days with the accent of the day, some favorites are Australian/Indian/ Cockney/ Scottish/ American South, NY, Boston. Some of our best actors seem to do everything in their native accent, like Al Paccino with the exception of scarface. He even does some Shakespear with his NY dialect.