View Single Post

Old 05-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,202 Times in 2,861 Posts
Default 3rd gen DAO guys, please step inside.

I've never been a fan of DAO pistols. I always viewed them as a crutch for inadequate firearms training. One consistant trigger pull = easier to teach rookies to shoot adequately. Rather than teach them fundementals of trigger control and to shoot well.

I'm reevaluating my thoughts on DAO 3rd gen guns. The last revolver I qualified with and carried on and off duty was a 3 inch 13-3 rendered DAO with a slick trigger job and spurless hammer. A sweet shooting carry gun. Since I've never shot revolvers in any other manner than DA, I didn't give it much thought.

Now I'm looking at the 39XX series DAO pistols. Thin - VERY thin. Slick slides and they handle like a CCO type pistol, for me.

The trigger pulls on the two I've dry fired were very nice indeed. I'm wondering if they get even better with use, like a revolver?

Educate me on the 3953/3954 type guns. Why did you choose them for carry? What advantage is the DAO gun over the TDA version? Any problems associated with these pistols? Same 3rd gen reliability and accuracy as the TDA guns? Thanks! Regards 18DAI