View Single Post

Old 05-28-2014, 07:35 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtoph View Post
I live in the wonderful town of Barstow, Ca (Not by choice, I might add). A local store is selling a S&W99QA .40 for 1350! The store owners say they bought it from S&W 4 years ago (roughly) and say it is 1 of 6! The pistol is black, no special markings what-so-ever that i can tell.. I asked other stores a little closer to Los Angeles to double check the story, knowing nothing about these type pistols and pretty much got laughed at and was told that the QA was mass produced and that was a rediculous price. I guess im asking if any one has any input/heard of any rare SW99QA ever produced. Any help would be great.
I was a Springfield Police Officer in Springfield Mass. We were issued sw99qa in 40 S&W. There were about 600 issued to our Dept. The 1st ones issued were made completely in Germany I believe. Later issues were hybrids, frames made in Germany and uppers made in Springfield Mass. Maybe there were somet made between the all German and the hybrids? The German guns have white lettering and no serrations on the front of the slide. I believe the Hybrids are all black and have serrations both front and rear of the slide. I think the place to look is at the serrations. I think I saw a black one w/o front serrations but I'm not sure. Hope this helps.
Why not ask the guy what is so rare of a gun issued by the hundreds to PDs both all German and hybrids?
KW
The Following User Likes This Post: