View Single Post

Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,895 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
Bingo. Of course, NYPD supposedly would have none of the "it's the Indian & not the arrow" pep talk and threw a hissy fit according to industry insiders at the time as well as threatened to drop Glock like an ugly blind date. Obviously, Glock was not wanting to lose a huge contract like that with lots of PR factor, so they "powdered" the baby's bottom. It was in the Gen 2 G19's which came out in '88.

I've owned a couple of the Gen 2 G19's and had a similar problem with one using weak Win. WB ammo back in the day. Solution: changed to better (hotter) ammo and the issue was resolved. Many fail to remember that when Glock first hit the U.S. shore in early '86 the Gen 1 G17 had an 18 or 19 lbs. RSA that was made for European NATO spec ammo and not watered down U.S. range fodder. As well, the first lots had a really tight spec chamber and some Fed. American Eagle I had wouldn't chamber. Again, tight Teutonic specs vs. sloppy U.S. specs. They opened the chamber specs as a result. The RSA nowadays is rated 17 lbs. for the G17.

Not even close. The NYPD issues 3 guns. The G19, Sig 226, and he S&w 5946. The job was using 115 grain fmj ammo when the problem appeared. The empty casing was getting jammed under the extractor and causing a phase 3 malfunction. It only happen with the glock.

The Job contacted glock and glock told us to go to hotter ammo. Funny how the sig and smith were fine with the older ammo. Several street shootings happened with the malfunction. The job called glock again and told them to fix it or they were recalling all the glocks and replacing them with ruger p90 series guns. Now glock got off their *** and sent an armorer to the range to recut the ejection port of all glocks. Bottom line is they let cops walk the beat with a defective gun for over a year. They'll never get another dime from me

As for the "nypd glocks". All they are is a glock 19 with a NY trigger installed. And there were over 6000 glocks in service at the time so if course the odds are higher the problem would be seen more often.

As for the drinking comment, I guess we can characterize all gun owners as redneck tea party members, too, right?

Last edited by kbm6893; 06-04-2014 at 09:39 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: