View Single Post

Old 06-05-2014, 02:53 PM

Liked 29,410 Times in 10,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Sear View Post
The ammo loaded today is not hotter than German WWI and WWII ammo. No stronger springs are needed. Years ago, U.S. ammo was loaded weaker than European ammo, and this, along with poor quality aftermarket magazines, might have been part of the reason the P.08 got a reputation as being ammo sensitive. In addition, most pistols from that era will not function reliably with hollow point ammo.

A P.08 used with full powered, FMJ round nosed ammo, and a magazine which meets specs, will function reliably.

Edited to add: The P.08 is surpassed only by the Colt Python as the most over-rated gun of all time. I have owned examples of both; all are gone, with no regrets.

+1 on the ammo commentary. I've always wondered if the 45 ACP mafia insisted that US made 9mm be loaded down because they didn't like the competition.

As for the P.08 being overrated, I have to agree, especially from the standpoint of it being a military arm. Too sensitive to dirt. There are a few other sacred cows I would add to the overrated list but my flame suit is not within reach.
The Following User Likes This Post: