View Single Post

Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM

Liked 191 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
I agree with your assessment of the S&W SD9VE. I liked my first gun so well I bought a duplicate to keep it company. They both remain box stock.

It never ceases to amaze me at the folks who'll be perfectly happy with a 12-15 lb. double action revolver trigger but gag on at an 8 lb. defensive semiauto's trigger.

In my opinion these guns are the 21st century equivalent of the 1899 M&P (Ne Model 10). The bread and butter gun of which S&W sold over 6 million copies of since it's introduction.

It's simplicity of operation is laudable, it's reliability remarkable...and it's accurate to boot.

"Muck" with it if you must, but it's good to ride the river with just as it comes from the factory.

Eight pounds? You must have gotten a really good SD. On my scale, my SD9 trigger measures at just over 32 lbs. I have measured the travel of the trigger at 3 1/8 inches.

Seriously no, but some days it seems that way.

I remember watching Hickok45's video on YouTube about the SD9VE, and he actually said more than once during the video that the trigger was "not bad." He's shot zillions of handguns over the years, and I think I trust his judgment.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: