View Single Post

Old 06-22-2014, 05:37 PM

Liked 3,352 Times in 1,336 Posts

I find it amusing that an Okie with a burr under his saddle is telling Texicans how they should carry. Yeah, I've heard about the rivalry between the two states. Funny that the OP doesn't want anyone telling him how to carry, yet would make others follow his convictions. I'm personally happy to let the Texans decide how they want to carry, and from the posts they've made in this thread, they seem to be mostly happy with their current cc laws.

I've been a LEO for 27 years, and I never open carry when off duty, unless I'm hunting, hiking in the national forest, or checking fenceline on my own property or the private property of family or friends. While my state does allow open carry with restrictions on courthouses, school property, bars, etc. the only individuals I've encountered who have done so were from out of state. Not sure why they felt they needed to exercise that right, other than to draw attention to themselves. They did do that. Around these parts we call those types of folks "Attention Whores."