View Single Post

Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 AM

Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperFi View Post
I seem to find that the more expensive the rounds the less trouble I have. Thunderbolts fired ok but I got bad leading really quickly - maybe 100 rounds fired. Seems like some people have no issues with them? I also clean my weapon after every range visit.
That was one of the interesting things to me about looking back at the different brands. The only expensive stuff I'd buy again is CCI Mini Mags. They are worth the 8 cents a round because they are consistent.

The Federal Game Shok was 8 cents a round, and the Federal Auto Match was 6 cents a round but they still failed to feed just like the 4.4 cents a round Federal bulk. The Winchester Super X was 7 cents a round, but the first round stuck in my barrel just like the 5 cent white box. Granted, I didn't give Super X much of a chance with only one shot, but I've never had to pry any other brand out of my gun, so that was good enough to tell me not to use Super X.

I also paid 8 cents a round for the Aguila, but since the golden bullets are only 5 cents a round, and seem more accurate, I'd go with them next time over Aguila. The Aguila was much much cleaner, i will say that, but cleaning guns is relaxing to me, so I don't mind cleaning gold dust or lead flakes out after a range trip. I've got a buddy who hates cleaning guns and maybe only cleans them every few months if they're lucky. I wouldn't recommend golden bullets or thunderbolts if that is the situation. Spend the extra money on cleaner ammo. Or at least get a bore snake to run through at the range.

Of course, all of this assumes you can actually find the brand you prefer. I'll shoot just about anything if it's all I have. But I don't think I'll ever get desperate enough to shoot Winchester again! Range trips are supposed to be fun, not frustrate the hell out of you! If I want frustration, I'll go to work.
The Following User Likes This Post: