View Single Post

Old 06-27-2014, 02:14 AM

Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Question Hornady Critical Defense or Duty for Home Defense In FS M&P9? .. OR SOMETHING ELSE???

So I am trying to decide what is the best option for me when using my M&P9 Pro CORE 5"

I assume the Defense is the best option as what I gather it loses speed fast after impact which would help with accidental penetration of walls and injury or worse of innocent people. Ans I know these are made for smaller short barreled HD or concealed carry weapons as well.

But on the other hand I want something that gonna have some knock down power and the Duty has the heavier 135g and 135g+P rounds that seem like they have SO much more power, velocity, and penetration to them then the Defense rounds.

I have been told these are Excellent rounds for HD but what is the best option for me?

I'm shooting a 9mm to defend myself and not a .45 with the hard-core knock down power ... I want a bullet that is gonna bridge that gap THE MOST and give me the best defensive power and reliability of a 9mm Luger round to drop a bad guy.

If you can help me make the best choice for my defensive situation, caliber, and gun size between these two and why I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much

Last edited by falconman515; 07-01-2014 at 02:23 AM.