View Single Post

Old 06-28-2014, 10:36 AM

Liked 84 Times in 51 Posts

They aren't so much better quality than being a different type/style of construction. Being Opie I have the luxury of sorts in examining my rib w/10X loupe. In construction terms it is very good quality though simplistic in what I refer unto as a tuning fork design that slides on both sides of the original blade front sight. However, someone cut the rear of the rib in installing it on my Victory. This leads me to believe that perhaps it was salvaged from another conversion. None would take the time to build that rib and then mount it in such a haphazard fashion.

Likewise, I find it a mite bit to swallow that this rib was designed w/o a solid front and also intended to be installed w/barrel muzzle cut 3/16" eliminating the crown. This too solidifies my belief of a salvaged rib and possibly jeweled trigger/hammer. I don't know. I posted the pics of Parker Hale merely to demonstrate a more modern design and technique in construction. Not to say it is better/worse, but merely to highlight differences amongst raised ribs that found popularity in Victory .38 S&W conversions.

The work is nicely done. I had no intent in opposing your opinion. I'm just at a loss at what I have perched on the Victory. Is it complete or has it been converted as well as the revolver?

I'm attempting to answer the question by posting pics I find of various ribs used in these conversions. Thanks for the input. Perchance in striving to remain objective I appeared unappreciative of your post. My apologies should I have come across as callous or indifferent.

[ETA: Post I was answering has been deleted by the author, so continuity will naturally suffer.]

Last edited by Nicksterdemus; 06-29-2014 at 04:18 AM.