View Single Post

Old 06-28-2014, 02:51 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

boatbum101:

I don't compete. I only target shoot for fun. I have many target guns and this is just one of many. I'll not have the time or inclination to "learn" this pistol. I bought it because it represents a time in Bullseye shooting and it is actually a really beautiful gun. While aware of guns when this gun was released circa 1965, I had never seen one or its father, the Model 39. If the 39 was finished like this gun then WOW. We are really missing a lot with today's guns. I am really impressed with the basic Model 39 design and the few modification S&W did to get it to the Model 52 .Those modifications are actually minimal.

This is a first model and has the extractor potential problem fixed in the second model. Since mine is just a Model 39 underneath, it too will probably have the broken extractor problem eventually. I'll worry about it when it happens. It already appears that there are no spare parts. I may have to make one (??). Is there anything I can do to minimize the chance of the extractor breakage?

I'm going to put the Pachmayr grips on it and see how it and I do with that. All I have currently are the beautiful after market grips but the Packmayr grips are on the way.

Thanks for the comments.

LDBennett
The Following User Likes This Post: