View Single Post

Old 06-29-2014, 11:06 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 740 Times in 256 Posts

Saxon,

I think nothing of shooting 1000 rounds in a sitting. That is kind of high but par for the course. I normally shoot around 700 to 1100 rounds per session at the range. As a reloader that is a good fun outing and not that expensive. I will say 1000 rounds of hot 10mm or 357 maximum can be a bit hard on the wrists though. I remember when I got my 10mm Les Baer I put 750 rounds it in the first day and it tore up my hands pretty good!

I find for me it takes about 200 rounds to really get in the groove and focus. I am then good for around 500 to 700 rounds depending on the gun, ammo and weather until I start to lose it. Then I usually spend about 200 rounds just having fun. You know, plinking at the berm, splashing water up in the mud puddles or shooting at clay pigeon's on the berm. Just fun plinking. This gets me to my 1000 rounds on a normal session.

Actually, considering the costs of 22LR ammo today (I am shooting up my stock pile I bought several years ago at around 11$ a brick) it is cheaper to shoot 38 Super or 9mm than new 22LR. I figure maybe Tuesday I will go out and dump 1000 rounds of 9mm if the weather is good. I need to get the 210's out and run them as it has been a while.

Jimmyj,

Like I said above, I am shooting up old stock. Years ago Midway had 22lr on sale and so I bought cases of it. I was trying to maximize the value of shipping so I just stockpiled the stuff. I still have several cases of Federal Target Match that are unopened and 2 more cases of Winchester high speed that I was shooting like yesterday. It was $11 a brick for the good stuff back then.

I will say there was a lot of cat fur and lint on the top of the ammo pile. I need to dust the pile more often.

Last edited by Peter M. Eick; 06-29-2014 at 11:09 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: