Thread: Opinions needed
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2014, 01:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstout View Post
The main reason I was leary about the sport is the 1 in 9 twist barrel. It just seems to me that a 1 in 7 would be better for all around shooting. But again, this will be my first AR so most of my info is just from talking to my buddies and reading online forums.
When I started out I had the same Sport vs PSA dilemma. I went with the Sport 1/9 twist and later built a PSA 1/7 twist (Voodoo Innovations melonite barrel). I have found they shoot the same with the ammo I find in the stores. So unless your reloading heavier grain ammo, you'll probably find for your use twist rate will be a wash.

I am compelled to say, the Sport is a great rifle. I love my PSA as well, but thought I needed to build it because I believed that having a midlenght and 1/7 twist would get me some gain in accuracy and recoil reduction. I was wrong. The only real benefits over the Sport I see in having the PSA is that it gives me an additional/ different to shoot. The Sport performs!!! I have yet to shoot with someone with a rifle that outshined the Sport.

Suckey cell pic added because I love my guns.

uploadfromtaptalk1404407191136.jpg