View Single Post

Old 07-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Liked 162 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty357 View Post
And on another note let's not forget the past wit the shield. There were a bunch of people having problems with newer shields. Why would I give up a perfectly functioning weapon for another newer shield that could end up having problems down the road.

Mine works fine both as a .40 and as a 9mm. With over 10k rounds down the pipe. I'm sure I can say mine is well past broken in with 0 problems.
Very true. Personally I think the Shield with safety -vs- Shield without safety is mostly just a placebo effect...but too each their own.

The main reason I am posting in this thread is to repeat what I have said in the past. All told, there is a very small amount of Shields displaying any problems. Compared to the number of Shields sold, the problematic ones barely register at all. We see them here because this is a S &W forum specifically designed for discussion, but overall, there are very few problems. And of those problems, many of them are people using the gun in a way it wasn't intended to be used. An example of this is people complaining it is too difficult to pull the slide back. That isn't a defect, that is a person trying to use a gun that doesn't work for their capabilities.

Basically, I wouldn't let an extremely small amount of actual issues keep anyone from buying and enjoying a Shield with or without a safety. I'm willing to bet the actual defect rate of Shields is near or less to the percentage of most other similarly manufactured guns.