View Single Post

Old 07-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Liked 369 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkarrob View Post
Those incidents about "Blow Ups" and "Ka-Booms" were just a few guns, out of the thousands and thousands of Shield 40s made. Most all with a "Blow Up" can be traced back to a problem with the ammunition, using hand loaded not made to specs, too much setback, too much powder, and old ammunition. Does that mean you wouldn't think about buying a General Motors vehicle, because you heard about the problem with a heavy set of keys, that could cause the ignition to switch off?
Bob
A lot of the Kaboom threads are guns that went kaboom with factory ammo. Only one thread that I recall, the guy could not remember if it went boom with factory or reloads. The factory ammo that S&W has determined to be at fault (because there can be nothing wrong with the gun) is from different manufactures. That being said, I have zero desire to own an 40 Shield because, 1. I don't like the 40 S&W caliber and 2. because of the issues some people have had and S&W's response to them. That is just me though, you have to decide what is best for you.
The Following User Likes This Post: