View Single Post

Old 07-05-2014, 10:53 AM

Liked 1,062 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconagurski View Post
Good advice. I, too, am considering the 40 Shield but am giving pause. Let's say that the ammo was out of specs. That means a lot of more ammo is out there out of specs, running thru the Shield 9mm in some cases, I am sure according to the law of averages. That means, in my book, that there is a design flaw in the Shield 40. Didn't Glock 40s have the same problem at one time? Also, this last one was with 165 grain ammo, which is even more worrisome. I read an article by one of the experts that said no one should ever run 180 grain in a 40 and he gave technical reasons I can't remember, but it was physics according to him. Now if he is right, then I would feel much better with an all steel 40 shield, which they don't make for obvious reasons.
Yes, Glock did. While researching online, I originally googled "kaboom 40 s&w" and seven old cases where this happened with Glocks at one time too. What bothers me, using logic, if it is the fault of ammo, then why isn't this an issue with the newer Glocks, Kahrs, Taurus, Springfields, and even other S&W that are also chambered in 40s&w? Why isn't this problem being brought up at the same rate on these other forums?