View Single Post

Old 07-06-2014, 01:13 PM

Liked 1,133 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcdub View Post
In my opinion, take it or leave it, there really aren't a lot of them with catastrophic failures to warrant a "safety recall". I've spent a little time on google and most of the threads about 40 shields on other forums than this are either the same person posting on different forums, or people asking questions like this. My shield 40 has been great since I've had it and I hope it stays that way. While I don't understand why people are saying that others are lying or not giving all the facts as to how their shield failed, for every thread/comment about a shield failing, there are 2-3 people that aren't having problems. There is obviously a problem but to say that all 40 shields suffer from it is kinda off base. I trust my 40 shield but if I didn't have one I would just buy the 9.
I don't think anyone has said that all shields suffer or will suffer from this. I think people simple want S&W to look into the (potential) problem instead than just pointing fingers and dismissing it. People just do not want to worry about being the next "1" that suffers from this problem even if many others have or will not.
The Following User Likes This Post: