View Single Post

Old 07-07-2014, 01:32 PM

Liked 1,696 Times in 679 Posts

About 25 years ago, I was working as a Lt. in a Sheriff's office and most of my duties were paper pushing. At the time I wore a SP101 3" 357 loaded with 357s of some brand.

Got a request from 2 of my Detectives to assist on the arrest of an individual for attempted murder of his wife and he had been located in a Trailer park in a nearby town. Went to the scene and the trailer the guy was in was at the end of a row of trailers.

I circled around the end of the trailers to act as a sentry to stop the individual from accessing his vehicle, a pickup.

As the pickup came into view I saw the suspect dash from a side door in the trailer to the pickup. I stood up and confronted the individual with SP drawn and aimed at the suspect.

He had seen the 2 detectives standing on the other side of the trailer and wasn't aware of my presence until I announced. He froze in action half in and half out of the car, staring at me.

The distance was about 60-70 ft. He stopped just long enough for the 2 Detectives to come around their end of the trailer and hook the guy up.

I tell this story is the SP was a 3" with non adjustable sights, it was stainless, and the guy definitely saw it. But from my point of view all I could think of was that's going to be a long shot if I have to shoot. Where's that statistic about 7ft and 2.5 rounds. I'd given my eye teeth at that moment for a 3" 36-6 or 60-4. Actually I was thinking fondly of my Colt 45 Auto sitting at home in the dresser cause it was too heavy to carry that day.

Enjoy your target sighted 3" you never know when you will be glad you have the target sight advantage.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: