View Single Post

Old 07-10-2014, 08:18 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
This is very true...the difference is, when you have a problem with a S&W, Ruger, or Springfield Armory gun, the company will send you a shipping label so you can send it to them at THEIR expense, not yours...and they will usually return it in a short interval.

Taurus does indeed have a lifetime warranty, which also follows the gun, and isn't limited to the original owner, and they have made some improvements on their CS...but from everything I've read, it's still not what most would call good, and Taurus doesn't pay for shipping (after a short initial period.) I just won't buy a new gun from a company that won't pay for shipping it back to them for warranty repairs. After all, when they advertise "repaired at no cost to you" and I have to pay $70 to get the gun to them, I hardly think of that as "at no cost to me."
That "short initial period" is a full year from date of purchase. It seems reasonable enough to me to shoot the gun enough in the first year to discover if there is any reason for it to need to go back or not. And not covering the shipping fee's down the road helps keep the price in check. You aren't buying a premium product and they aren't charging you a premium price. Not everyone loads on a Dillon and has a chest full of Snap-On tools. Many of us are low to middle income and pretty much get in where we fit in and Taurus allows for that while still giving you some level of protection.