View Single Post

Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Liked 819 Times in 51 Posts
Default SWCA Gun - Engraved/Inlaid Model 57

As some of you know I was fortunate enough to bring this gun home from the 2014 S&WCA Symposium. The model 57 pictured below was chosen as the auction highlight since 2014 is the 50th anniversary of the 41 Magnum (it was also featured on the cover of the S&WCA Journal prior to the event itself). The revolver, serial #S237459 was shipped on 4/2/64 to Rochester, NY. In 2013 this gun was engraved and gold inlaid by master engraver John Pease.

The gun itself was made possible by a donation from Bill Cross. The stocks, exhibition grade walnut Keith Brown, were donated by Bob Radaker. John Pease himself donated his time and work to do the gun. The S&WCA had the custom case made.

Per the letter from Bill Cross, this engraving was done based on a painting done by Charles France which was entitled "Alaskan Autumn"...

I hope you all enjoy the photos as much as I am enjoying owning the gun itself. Oh, and Mr. Pease was kind enough to share his CD of photos that he had professionally taken. I'm no photographer by any stretch, so I figured these would highlight the gun much better than I ever could.

The Following 60 Users Like Post: