View Single Post

Old 07-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Going back to the ranger ( BT put in brass cases ) has been the best performing on my tests, NONE ever failed, which means I skewed the testing in some way that prevented failures. I say this because the ALL fail. I have seen 22 lr kill, 25 acp slide around the scalp, people with 3-5 38 LRN walk into the ER, 9mm's punch nice clean holes ( clean, band aid, ABX, home), 357's do incredible tissue and bone destruction, 40/10 doing similar damage, 45's have been good/bad all determined by placement. That said I carry the old, old ranger ( black bullet) in 40, Ranger-T in 357 Sig, and SB gold dots in J-frame 38's, my wife carries 45 ACP 230 +p old black bullet ranger. I have seen older Rem golden saber totally fail ( A troop shot a rott 40 180 saber, it his a 2 layer nylon collar, slightly disturbed one petal and pass through loose skin) and stuck just inside the skin. The skin was opened, bullet fell out and just about could be reloaded. The only good news was the troop was able to notify the family on the lake, rott got clean, ABX, was fine, both did their job except the bullet. This was late 1990's, MSP how changed ammo 3 X's- I believe they are carrying Gold Dot in the Sig 40's at this time. With all that said I am comfortable with the non bonded ranger 357 sig. Be Safe