View Single Post

Old 07-24-2014, 10:59 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 651 Times in 269 Posts

You can carry a gun to fit your dress or dress around the gun. My routine urban carry is a 5" 1911 @ 3:00 and a spare magazine @ 9:00 on my belt with an un-tucked shirt over it. I switch to a Glock G20 SF or an FNH FNX-45 Tactical with two spare magazines for remote rural concealed carry. I switch to a 4" S&W 29-2 and two speed loaders for woods concealed carry.

Before I retired, a law enforcement friend bet me over beers that I couldn't conceal carry my new Desert Eagle 50 AE. I carried it all day @ 3:00 with two spare magazines @ 9:00 around senior law enforcement and no one noticed. They were surprised when I showed them before I left work.

I was in a LGS when a young guy came in. He was about 5' 6" and 125 pounds wearing jeans and a zip up hoodie sweatshirt. He told the owner that he had an S&W 500 that he wanted to sell. The owner told him to bring it in so he could look at it. He unzipped his hoodie and pulled out an 8 3/8" X-frame from a vertical shoulder holster. The gun went from his armpit to past his waist. The LGS owner and I were both shocked.