View Single Post

Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ambi safety

I just finished running 50 rds. through my stainless 645 yesterday and was standing out front waiting to settle up with the owner and some guy, who is apparently good friends with the owner, was sitting there and I just continued my conservation about recoil, which I have no problems with mine, however, I ordered a stock spring kit, and he starts to explain to me about the physics of recoil as it applies to my 645, as he did this he moved the slide back and moved the hammer as well, showing me his point. I didn't really pay much attention. When I got home, I sprayed the gun down to sit for a while to give me a chance to eat, however I notice the safety was in the safe position and would not move. I took a non metal and tapped the safety lever back to the fire position, it remains in a stuck position. I am wondering if when this guy was showing me his theory, he moved something and a spring came out or something was misaligned somehow. I bought this gun new in 1989-90, and it has less than 500 rds through it. Thoughts?