View Single Post

Old 08-06-2014, 08:05 PM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat tom View Post
WHAT? A 390 Special V8,315HP at 4600 RPM's,9510 4-bbl with duals and resonators! Looks good,sounds good and runs like a scalded dog! Or do you have the 428? I hope,I hope,I hope.
f.t.
Ha! Yeah, it sounds good on paper, the problem is that 390 (sorry, no 428) is pushing 4300lbs of steel with a 3.00:1 open rear end. Right now it has Magnaflow dual exhaust, an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake topped with a Street Demon 750 Carb, and a Pertonix Plug 'n Play billet distributor. I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks installing a set of FPA headers and upgrading to a dual pot brake master cylinder along with a few other improvements. Future plans call for a posi 3.50:1 rear end and a 450hp crate engine. In the mean time she does look and sound good and, while she don't run like a scalded dog, she will get up out of her own way in short order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrazi View Post
anyone that rides 1300 miles on a sportster deserves the iron butt award. nice thunderbird too.
Yeah, that's what the judges said so they called his buddy down to collect the award even though they went the same distance.