View Single Post

Old 08-13-2014, 09:38 PM

Liked 775 Times in 378 Posts

Learning how to properly adjust dies is the first step to learning how to reload. Is adjusting your press worse than zeroing the sights on a pistol or rifle? Even if you buy factory ammo, do you not test several brands to see which one your gun prefers over others?

Please lets not get into a mindless debate over the nobility of using a single stage over a turret or a progressive of whatever flavor and color?

If you prefer loading on brand X single stage-Please be blessed.

If I had unlimited funds...I would have room full of Camdex loading machines, automated brass sorting and prep all churning loads that were carefully worked up for each individual gun I owned.

The next level would be room full of engineering students all certified to have OCD. Each student would have a designated Dillon 1050 in one caliber and work to produce loads that were more accurate than everyone else in the room. the prize for each days labor would be life time tickets and parking at Alabama football games in addition to free tuition for 8 years of school.

If you are looking for a press that is ready to load with out of the box. there isn't one . Every make and model will require some form of adjustment. Even something as simple as how to mount the press of your dreams is very subjective. Like shoes one size does not fit all.

Last edited by RussellD; 08-13-2014 at 09:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: