Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
There are a few guns that every gun owner should have. They are:
Lets see how I stack up to the list...

Quote:
  • Remington 870 12ga
Don't got one of those. I do have a Benelli Supernova Tactical.

Quote:
  • Smith & Wesson Revolver (you pick the model)
Don't got one of those. I do have a Taurus M66B6. The design comes from the time when S&W and Taurus were corporate 3rd cousins.

Quote:
Had one. Never liked shooting it. Replaced it with a Sig P220.

Quote:
  • Either a Remington 700 or Savage 11 center-fire rifle
Don't have one of those. I do have a Ruger American .308 compact for the rare occasions I get to shoot past 100 yards.

Quote:
  • Ruger 10/22 rifle
I got one of those!

Quote:
These are classics. They are all reliable and have been around since Sequoias were seedlings. Thus, I vote for the 10/22. AR prices have come down considerably this year, but everyone needs a 10/22.
I agree that everyone needs a 10/22. I'll add that if you don't want to get sucked into another modification black hole, consider the Marlin 795. The 795's micro-groove barrel is tops. I'd have to swap out my 10/22 barrel to get the accuracy & precision potential that the 795's barrel has out of the box.

But during this seriously odd long lasting .22lr shortage, buying a .22lr wouldn't be high on my list. Where's the fun in shooting a .22lr that is supposed to be affordable to shoot when the ammo costs more than 9mm? A firearm chambered for .22lr was a no-brainer when you could shoot all day on a 550 rd brick that cost $17.