View Single Post

Old 08-17-2014, 12:35 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,668 Times in 644 Posts
Default Lucky

I guess I got lucky, I had a 5 screw M-15 I bought at a gunshow and after the first 6 rounds I found out it had a cracked forcing cone. I went to a local gunshop that had a gunsmith and bought a used barrel. I replace the barrel touched up the rear of the barrel with a file. The gun still shoots good to this day. Second pistol was a M-28, I bought it to convert to .45 colt back in the day when Smith & Wesson didn't make .45 Colt revolvers. I pulled the barrel and cylinder and sent to a Gunsmith in Bear, Delaware I think. the reamed the barrel and cylinder for $80.00 and sent them back. I shot that pistol for a long time until Smith & Wesson came out with the 25-5 in .45 Colt. Only problem I had with that pistol was I had to shoot semi wadcutter bullets because factory ammo was longer than the .357 cylinder and I had to file the tips of the bullet to fit, and it really recoiled with that light 6 inch barrel. Understand this was a long time ago and I was a poor airman in the USAF and I had to make do with what I could afford.

SWCA 892
The Following User Likes This Post: