View Single Post

Old 08-19-2014, 03:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new to this forum, and am not sure how to initiate a post without replying to an existing one. [I]Mea Culpa [I] for any error.

I was visiting a friend a few days ago, and he gave me a .32 Lemon Squeezer that he said had belonged to his grandfather. I am researching history and value, although I have no plan to sell it. I have read through earlier posts, and understand about obtaining exact dates for manufacture from S&W. At the moment, I am looking for best information available at this time.

This pistol is in what appears to be its original box is described as a << S. & W. 32 SAFETY, 3 ½ INCH>> The pistol is nickel-plated with mother-of-pearl grips, and (what I understand is the standard) gold-colored SW seal recessed in the grips on each side. It also has the S&W logo engraved on the right side between the cylinder and the grip. The serial number on cylinder shows as 1343xx. There is a serial number on the butt which is more difficult to read, but I assume also is 1343xx. (The second digit is difficult to read and could also be a "5" or an "8.")

The left-side of the barrel is engraved with: 32 S & W OTG -- bounded on each side by a small graphic design. The top of the barrel is engraved with "SMITH AND WESSON, SPRINGFIELD, MASS" followed by a series of what appears to be patent dates. I am unable to accurately decipher all of the engraving even with the aid of a magnifying glass. (I have made an appointment with my ophthalmologist.)

The pistol is in excellent condition with no marks or mars. I have not tried cleaner in the cylinder or barrel to check for powder residue, but it appears that it might never have been fired. The box clearly is old, but intact and in good shape with the inside text completely legible. There is no interior packing.

Any information that could be provided regarding time of manufacture, approximate value, etc., will be appreciated. I would be happy to upload a photo, if someone can give me some instruction as to how to do so.

Last edited by Mountain Scout; 08-19-2014 at 03:51 PM.