View Single Post

Old 08-25-2014, 03:17 AM

Liked 65 Times in 43 Posts

There has been some very good information provided here. I am aware that the California Highway Patrol quickly placed an order for the Model 4006. At the time, I was working for the City of Red Bluff, CA Police Department and we had to be one of the first City PD's to place a complete order after the CHP order. If fact, the S & W Rep let us know what they would do their best to get us our Model 4006's ASAP even though everyone else was starting to make orders also.

The funny part was that after the FBI went up to the 10mm S & W Model and 10 mm Lite Loads, Winchester dropped the new .40 S & W caliber on us and all of a sudden there was a lot of scrambling to replace the S & W 1006 type Model with the 4006 Model in .40 S & W..... What was funny is that I thought the FBI kind of got hung out to dry with their 10 mm handguns..... I always wondered why Winchester ammo didn't tell them what was getting ready to do with the .40 S & W Ammo. I looked at the S & W 10mm Handgun and would have purchased a S & W .45 caliber before a 10mm handgun.
However, a .40 S & W on a 9mm Frame S & W Framed handgun was a different matter..... I would go with that, no problem.......

If you ask me why, it is simple....... a 100 pound female police officer could be trained to handled a 9 mm frame .40 caliber.....whereas the S & W 10mm Handgun was a very big handgun and I was not so sure that the same 100 pound female police officer could handle that big of a handgun.........

I thought a 9mm framed handgun shooting a .40 round made way more sense than a 10 mm sized handgun shooting a 10 mm "Lite" from a huge 10mm handgun.......

Now you can tell me that years later, this made a lot of sense but this was very shortly after this all went down.......You have to use your head right now and it was a no-brainer to me, so I pulled the trigger.........

My SWAT Team even went to a S & W Model 4006 sent out to Novak with Novak Low Mount Night Sights, a Novak Action Job, Bar-Sto Match Fitted Barrel and some other upgraded parts...... My SWAT Team as not out gunned complete with their H & K MP-40 40 Caliber, Colt M-4 5.56mm Submachine Gun and the Benelli M-2/ M-4 14" Semi-Auto Shotgun.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: