Thread: Tightening Up
View Single Post

Old 09-03-2014, 09:56 PM

Liked 12,731 Times in 2,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt_shooter View Post
I didn’t mean to rile people up by asking “Is there a benefit in posting this?”; my thoughts were nothing more sinister than wondering out loud how smart an idea it is to post on the Internet the security measures at a military installation. Perhaps I could have worded it better. Redlevel’s retort to me “Did it really chap you for Cyrano to impart first hand information to us?” makes me feel like I’m over at usacarry dot com, where people seem to get nasty in a hurry. Sorry to all whom I offended with my post, especially the OP. I meant no harm to anyone.
I wasn't offended, and I didn't mean to get nasty. I just wondered what harm you can find in a first-hand report by a forum member of information that was and is available to anyone with eyes to see, and who is interested in such things. It isn't like he is giving out information that is top secret, hush-hush security stuff. Heck, some of the information Cyrano shared was from a newspaper article.

My assumption, and it was evidently wrong, was that you were sort of accusing Cyrano of fanning the flames of hysteria, so to speak, rather than a concern about security issues. Sorry about that.

You and I have both been here long enough to know that "nasty" posters usually don't hang around too long before they are given the boot.