View Single Post

Old 09-06-2014, 07:21 PM

Liked 83 Times in 37 Posts

So why has S&W continued to make guns with the IL, while also offing some without it? Obviously the whole "liability" argument goes out the window if they are willing to make some models without it, so why ot drop it all together??

I would love to buy a new PC627, but I refuse to spend that much money and have a hole in the side of the frame after I remove the stupid lock. I had one of the first 329PD's made by Smith, it was a low two digit serial that had a habit of engaging the lock when firing heavy loads. it went back to Smith twice (on their dime) before I told them the third time it locked up I didn't want it anymore.

It wasn't urban legend or internet lore, I experienced it first hand and will never own a Smith with an IL. I thank god they came out with the 640pro... I wanted another 357 Jframe, but the used pre lock prices were a bit ridiculous...enter the 640pro, problem solved...

Now I just need them to lose the IL on all the PC and pro series guns and I can help support S&W with my hard earned money...