View Single Post

Old 09-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Banned

Liked 22,838 Times in 10,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin' Jack View Post
I think I was born with an ingrained love for guns that was bound to come out at some point. I believe that we are all born with characteristics from both parents but also with some original and unique characteristics all our own that didn't come from anyone.

Neither of my parents had any particular interest in hunting or guns. Certainly not like I have. I never thought much about it but even as a small child I had a strong attraction for and interest in guns. I only had occasional opportunities to "plink" but never got any training or real experience until my military years. Small arms training from the Navy and the Marine Corps only whetted my appetite.

Back in civilian life I pursued the passion/fever as resources permitted. At first that was not much. Over time I got my feet under me and was able to add some nicer things to the pile. Now 11 years into my retirement and on SS and a small pension I'm at the point of negative growth. Now I'm just trying to hold onto what I've spent a lifetime accumulating.

I guess what the military gave me was exposure. Which fed the fire and then just like water flowing downhill things just naturally progressed. Time brought more and different guns and broadened my experience and thus my abilities. Now I have a modest assortment and I love and enjoy it but I gotta say the the trip was a great part of reaching this destination. I am jealous of the youngsters just starting out. Jealous of all the "firsts" they have in store for them in their futures.
Your always welcome to try my big collection of five out. Hopefully by the end of this year--IF all goes well on a colectables sale in late Oct? hopefully ill be adding three more by the end of the year. Their names be: Heritage (Rough Rider) Winchester and hoping to add the .22 Cal MP-38/40 to the collection too.
The Following User Likes This Post: