View Single Post

Old 09-28-2014, 12:28 AM

Liked 4,843 Times in 1,479 Posts
Default Wife's gonna kill me. Got the humpback disease.

It always seems to happen that when I get a gun stuck on the brain I run across one at an irresistible price.

This time it's a used 649-5.

20140927_123006 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

20140927_123026 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

My wife made fun of me recently for packing a big 1911 daily. She also made me promise to not buy another gun until next year.

So, by my logic I have a smaller gun that should not be subject to her ridicule, and as it is on layaway I'll not be picking it up until next year.

I've been joking that it'd be cool to be able to "New York reload" my 442. Looks like the 442 will be the "reload" to the 649.

I shoot the 442 pretty well, though my endurance limits practice to only fifty shots at a time. With eight more ounces, a little more sight radius, and the addition of a Pachmayr Compac grip I think it'll make a fine discreet carry piece and shooter. The grip and a "Plug" are all that is planned for it.

I have my two favorite N frames so it's only right that I complete things with the two favorite J frames.

I've gone from no revolvers to S&W number four over the past year plus. I can shoot my 442 almost as well as any handgun I own, just not quite as fast. I'm hoping this 649 will be easier still. It will likely see little magnum use, but plenty of +P.
The Following 11 Users Like Post: