View Single Post

Old 10-04-2014, 12:14 PM

Liked 606 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhowie View Post
hey all you dirty harry fans,
me and my father inlaw supplied the speedloaders and pouches for the movie Magnum Force, we actually had the model 29 here in miami to make it work with speedloader, we used houge grips we had to do a little wood work on them to accept speedloaders, we supplied the loaders for the 44 and the 357s
the the bad/good guys used, depending how you look at it,
any way they used all DADE equiptment in magnum force, Tyne Daly used HKS in the Enforcer,
i am still making loaders even though we shut down the business in the 90s thanks to the Clinton red tape machine,
enough politics,
i still make them in small batches, just to keep them alive.
if any body is looking for some
[email protected] is where i can be found, and ebay but they are more $$ there with all the fees,
and like John always said if you drop one you better be grabbing your second or third one (harry always carried 3)
instead of looking around for the dropped loader while you are getting shot at, or if you are at the range no matter what loader you use you should be removing and inspecting the rounds for damage, and the simple design allows them to function even when you have it rolling around in a glove compartment for years, i have hundreds to choose from and i still carry the same ones i have had since the 80s,
if any one needs replacement parts let me know i would be happy to get the old loaders working again,
so GO AHEAD AND MAKE MY DAY
They were the Dade loaders. I dont think anyone else was making 44 Magnum loaders back then. I lived in Broward county back then a got some of the first made. IIRC, they were still marked 38 Special. They worked just fine. Faster than the turn type.

I had to clearance the original target grips on my 1973 vintage 8 and 3/8 inch nickel M29. Probably wouldnt do that now. Didnt have too many custom grips available back then.