View Single Post

Old 10-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Liked 192 Times in 46 Posts

Here's an update to my post from last November. To date, I've run 525 rounds through my BG380. I have found that while some commercial US made ammunition shows light firing pin strikes, all of it has fired after the first 50 rounds or so. As this is a defensive pistol, I feel that it should work 100% of the time right out of the box...you shouldn't have to put 100 rounds or the 200-300 Kimber insists on, to get the gun to work as it was designed.

That said, mine's been 100% for both hand loads and all US made ammunition. Accuracy has been a surprise since day one....groups from 10 yds using a Weaver Stance run just over an inch, slow fire. The gun points naturally for me and for my wife. The sights are adequate, but I'd prefer tritium night sights (but at the same overall price for the gun). Hey, ya gotta dream right? I've enhanced the supplied iron sights visibility with some neon enamel paint from Walmart. It helps considerably.

The laser sight is still working well, tho the difficult to manipulate on/off button is still...well difficult to manipulate. In a real defensive situation, it'd be hard to imagine using it.

Overall, I like the pistol and find that it rides along more often than I'd originally planned. Front jeans pocket is my location for it, using a Galco in the pocket holster to keep the gun upright and protected from pocket lint. It also rides semi-permanently in the center console of my Jeep Wrangler and in the small "wallet and registration" bag on my bike. Available in either location when I dismount, it's protection, albeit in a sub-standard caliber, that's at hand and not in a drawer or safe at home. My choice of ammunition for carry is Hornady's Critical Defense round...100% reliable in my gun and accurate. But I too, struggle to load that last round in the magazines.

Best Regards, Rod

Last edited by Rodfac; 10-08-2014 at 07:50 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: