Thread: 9mm Nato
View Single Post

Old 10-09-2014, 05:41 PM
US Veteran

Liked 995 Times in 456 Posts
Default 9mm Nato

Posting this here as I can't find a better or correct place.

Last week I was able to get in on the Walmart CCi ammunition sale. Only stood in line for an hour and a half to get my 3 boxes.
While purchasing my allotted 3 boxes, I noticed a sale flyer for ZQ1 or ZQI ammo at 20% off. The clerk said he had 9mm for around 10 dollars a box of 50. I took 3 boxes. When I get home, I noticed that it is labeled 9mm NATO. Did a little digging and came up that this is supposedly a +P round or there about. Designed for military application and is a little hotter that standard specs.
I ask about this as I have a Browning Hi Power that was slicked up by Bill Laughridge at Cylinder and Slide years ago. Since then, I recall reading somewhere that Mr. Laughridge said to never use +P in a BHP. Now, I have never used +P in this gun that I know of. Never purchased 9mm +P before. No reason to.{ I do shoot 38 special +P and know the forum members take on it}
Knowing that BHP's are used all over the world to this day and a lot of them use 9mm NATO ammo, is this going to hurt my BHP? Or is this just more +P hype and misinformation?
Would appreciate your thoughts.