View Single Post

Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 PM

Liked 6,668 Times in 2,207 Posts

Couldn't 'vote'. Just depends what I'm carrying.

When I carry one of my J-frames it's the chambered 5 rounds and usually 1-3 speedstrips, or maybe speedloaders (depending on clothing & pockets).

I still shoot my 6-rd revolvers for enjoyment and occasional quals, but seldom carry one.

One of my pistols?

Well, my pistols have varying magazine capacities of 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12 rounds. I typically carry a spare mag ... maybe sometimes 2 spare mags (depends on the the activities & situations) ... except when pocket-holstering the LCP in jeans with limited & tighter pockets, and then it's usually just the one mag in the gun.

I'm not what someone might call a 'capacity snob', as I'm not overly concerned about sheer capacity.

I only own 1 pistol that even uses 'hi-cap' mags, and those are only 12-rd mags. I also own a bunch of 10-rd mags for it, too, and due to the mix of all the mags, it's often a toss-up whether I'll pull the 10 or 12-rd mags for carry or range use for that pistol.

I started carrying a 6-shot revolver as a young cop, and then did the hi-cap pistol thing for many years (due to work), but capacity of magazines hasn't exactly been a high priority in the selection of pistols I bought over the years.

Guess I spent too many years thinking a 7-rd 1911 mag was just fine ... although I do own a handful of modern design/manufacture 'hi-cap' 8-rd 1911 mags.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 10-09-2014 at 05:45 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: