View Single Post

Old 10-15-2014, 07:11 PM

Liked 918 Times in 421 Posts

Although, there are many opinions, all with value, this gentleman walked me through the myriad of different revolvers when I purchased my 1st earlier this year. Actually he started tutoring me late last year if I remember correctly. I didn't know where to start, I gave him my parameters and he explained it in newbie and I haven't regretted my purchase yet. I now have 3 revolvers.

I would listen to him......

I use the speed strips, I have an HKS speed loader. It's bulky in your pants pocket, always available at home but is carried at times. It CAN BE USED with a J-frame airweight with rubber grips, it's bulky next to the grips but with practice, you just insert the tips of the ammo into the cylinder, twist the release, give it a little wiggle and you are good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
My EDC consists of a Model 38-0 and a Model 638-1 both equipped with Crimson Trace LG-405 laser grips. My usual carry includes both of the aforementioned Bodyguards, as well as at least one 8-round Tuff Strip speedstrip. I have, and have used Safariland Comp I speedloaders, but find them a bit bulky considering I usually pocket carry my revolvers. If I'm wearing a jacket, I might add a speedloader in the jacket pocket. I have never had a feeding problem with either the speedloader or speedstrip.

Regards,

Dave