View Single Post

Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 PM

Liked 500 Times in 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Fotoman, what is your overall impression of the Beretta 87. I tried ordering one but finally gave up.

BTW, excellent pictures!
Thanks.

I really like the Beretta 87 but I got mine ANIB from Bud's for $525 a few years ago just as the prices on these were getting crazy. If I had to pay the current going rates I probably wouldn't buy one. They are beautiful, elegant, and very well made but you can get a S&W Model 41 for the prices some of these Beretta 87s bring now. The one thing I don't like about the 87 is that it has fixed sights. I like adjustable sights on my rimfire pistols. I originally bought this one for a suppressor host but decided not to modify it, at least right now.

I've always liked the Beretta 8X pistols (most of which are .380ACP) and have owned a few Model 85s. I currently own a more rare Model 86 (tip-up barrel .380) that is being refinished at CCR.

I got the 86 back from CCR a few weeks ago. I'm very pleased with it.

Whoops, I lied. I do have another Beretta rimfire pistol. My grandfather gave me this Model 948 several years ago but I never shoot it so I forgot about it.

Last edited by fotoman12001; 11-18-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Beretta 86 photos post refinish
The Following 2 Users Like Post: