Thread: 640 Pro Series
View Single Post

Old 10-22-2014, 12:44 AM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Tracer Bullet,

Excuse me for reviving a two year old thread, but that was a really good review. For the past several months, I have been waiting for months to have Smith & Wesson restock the Model 60 Pro Series. I want a new conceal carry revolver. Dealers are waiting for delivery. Now after reading your review and the responding comments, you may just have placed me upon the horns of a dilemma: The Model 60 Pro Series or the Model 640 Pro Series. I like the increase weight of both revolvers because I believe the stainless steel frame will absorb some of the recoil that hits me when I shoot my light weight snubby. I rarely shoot more than 50 rounds at the range with my snub nose revolver because it starts to hurt. I carry on my waist because I already have too much in my front pocket. So pocket carry is not an issue for me. The Dovetail Night Sights and the Moon Clips are tempting. I am wondering what 7/8 inch barrel difference will make in shooting these revolvers? Maybe it is a good thing for me that the dealers don't have the Model 60 Pro Series right now. Life is full of decisions that set you on a different path.
The Following User Likes This Post: