Thread: Dogs
View Single Post

Old 10-22-2014, 03:55 PM

Liked 6,562 Times in 2,597 Posts

Love trained, well behaved dogs and leashed in public. My 2 Labs are well versed in sit, stay, down, no etc.

I was duck hunting and a late arrival guy was walking in via a trail about 25 to 30 yards from the lakes edge. I saw him coming and had my Male lab in sit. His male lab saw us and started towards us at high speed.

He kept calling ole Biscuit eater, and it got louder each time. I feigned indifference and pretended to look at the sky like I actually was duck hunting. The dog continued to ignore the person he had been training.

Finally the guy came after ole Biscuit eater. He said how do you get your dog to sit and stay like that. In my best British stiff upper lip I said, "it's called training to be used while quietly duck hunting". He got the message and left.

That is only one of many times other folks dogs have come over ignoring the loud screams of here!

Once my wife and I were fishing we had our labs, and no swimming was allowed then, before we left yes. A couple pulled up close by let their 2 mix males out and here they came, the owners ignored them. I'm thinking do they think I'm gonna baby sit these 2 flea bitten 50%Pit cross droppers?

When it was apparent they were going to fish and not watch their dogs I asked them nicely to come retrieve their illigiti dogs so we could fish. They gave me a pained look. Yes I pack. Most of the time my size might be a deterrent. But I pack any way. I then told them to come get the dogs. They said they wouldn't stay anyway. I said since I can't fish and baby sit your dogs I'll go get 2 leashes out of my car and have these 2 illigiti's minding in 5 minutes, ya wanna watch. And if either tries to bite anything over hear I would only hope they are not allergic to lead. They loaded up their poles, bait and cooler. Got the dogs and left giving me a look like I was a bad guy....

My wife was afraid of these surly dogs. She said you were a little rough on them, I said not rough enough.

And further more leash laws are a joke. We have them in our retirement burg. One can't sit on the porch or go in the yard with out some stray dog barking at ya. I just tell my labs to sit. If the owner of the cur is around I tell them to come get it if they want to keep it.

I love my labs, I am thinking of getting a Rotty next time, all I have to do is train him to retrieve ducks, stray dogs and lippy owners.

Last edited by model70hunter; 10-22-2014 at 03:57 PM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: