Thread: Dogs
View Single Post

Old 10-22-2014, 06:29 PM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys.
The dogs came up about 15 yards from me. The owner was casually walking towards his dog calling him back before he turned and left us alone. They were obviously trained as they went to the other side of the park and we're doing their drills but how would I have known that?
I've thought about pepper spray but it would not have done us good as the wind was blowing and I would hate to catch back spray and have a dog on us as well.

I have had quite a few dogs growing up and am well aware of their habits... Not other people's dogs though.
There was a recent story were a kid was playing outside and out of no where a dog came and attacked him in his own front yard. The injuries were bad. No warning or anything.

Looking back, I had my strong side facing the animal. If I was in that situation again, I would put my weak side first with my strong side behind me allowing me to grip my pistol without anyone seeing what I was doing.

My main concern if I were to shoot at the dog, how would I or anyone else know he was going to attack before it was too late?